Sunday, January 22, 2012

Carburetor Needle Valve Relocating

Many of us that own gas RC engine know know how scary it is when reaching towards the prop to adjust the carburetor needle. I still fear that someday I might reach too far. I know of two people in my area that have put their hands too close to the prop and had serious injuries from it. It is always good to be very careful around props while engines are running. Always keep the plane secure while doing ground tests. A way to remove some of the danger of tuning the engine is to buy a relocating kit for the carburetor needle. They are fairly inexpensive and make it a lot easier and safer to adjust the carburetor. I have purchased these for a few of my planes and they work great. Some O.S. engine come with the needles behind the engines and these also work great. The kits replace the needle with a gas line nipple and mount the needle on the back of the engine. The needle will now be located in a safe and more accessible spot. For planes that the rear of the engine is not easy to get to there are other kits for mounting on the plane in safer places. When looking for these online search for remote needle kits. Many manufactures make relocating kits for their engines.

6 comments:

AviationX said...

Thanks for the tip. I do not own any gas planes, but I am very interested in buying one! This could end up helping me! Thanks.

Anonymous said...

Glad to help. I hope you will decide to get one and enjoy it as much I do.

radio controlled jets said...

Nice tips and information are sharing and I think its the best to use for safe. And if I can buy, I would like to buy.

Sid said...

Thanks for sharing the idea of gas RC planes. I am intrested in buying one! Its fantastic idea.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
zjautoparts said...

Thanks for the tip. it's good post!
I do not own any gas planes, but I am very interested in buying one!
we can find zjautoparts.net for more