Sunday, August 10, 2008

Glue

When it comes to flying RC planes glue is your best friend. It does not matter if you are new or you are the best RC pilot out there crashes happen. There are many glues out there and I have tried many and I found that the best glue is either ZAP glue or Great planes CA glue. I use them the most and I think they are great for fixing things. There are also different thicknesses that glue comes in. They usually come in thin thick and ultra thick. Glue also comes in different type for different uses also. The thin is usually used for quick fixes and it dries fast. I always carry a bottle of thin glue with me when I fly. Thick is used for gluing pieces that are fairly big and need some extra grip. It is slow to dry but is good for putting planes back together. The ultrathick or gap filler is a very thick glues and used to fill gaps and cracks in balsa. If you want a quick fix on the field you can also use a fast cureing agent or what most people call it kicker. It forces the glue to harden and you can use it right after you apply it.

No comments: